I get emails all the time on my paint color in the main areas of my house, and after this post from yesterday i got a few more.  I actually repainted a few months back and forgot to post any before & after pics.

Honestly, the change was so subtle no one really even notices!  Except me of course :)

Here are a few pics from the past with the old color…Whoah!  These are some old pics!  Almost nothing is the same as it is now!!

mountain haze wall color

mountain haze wall color

I really liked the color, it was a greenish gray and very neutral.  It was one that kinda changed with the day.  Sometimes though the green was a little too much and it clashed with some other colors that i tried to bring in.  Sometimes i thought it was a little too “minty”  – like toothpaste :)

Here is one a little more recently…

mountain haze wall color

So a couple months back i decided to paint.  I still wanted to keep the light and bright, but get rid of the green tone.  I painted over all the green with Sherwin Williams Repose Gray tinted @ 125% in a satin finish.  I really like the color, its clean and fresh and is dark enough that it contrasts with all the white shutters and molding.  Plus its a warm gray and looks great with our dark hardwood floors.

This pic is a pretty accurate look @ the new color…

Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams - Sweet Pickins

What do you think, can you even tell the difference?!!

1. Amy C
    Amy C says:

I LOVE this color. It looks great with everything you have. It is a beautiful color and it makes all of the other colors in your room even prettier – an awesome neutral. I am thinking of doing my living room this color this spring. We have a stone fireplace too, I love how the color looks with yours. I have a crush on your white couches ;)

Amy C.

2. Terry
    Terry says:

Just beautiful. I recently repainted my red kitchen/dining room a darker gray than yours and I really love the new look. Dramatic change. Come on over and see. Plus I have a giveaway.

3. Berkley
    Berkley says:

Sausha, I absolutely LOVE following your blog!! Small world, but I am about to paint the exterior of my house repose gray! What does it mean that it is tinted @ 125% satin finish?

thank you!! I just wanted the paint a little darker, but not dark enough to go up to the next color, so by tinting it 125% it just makes its slightly darker. Any paint store will do that for you and you can go up or down making it lighter or darker :)

4. HOPE
    HOPE says:

I love the mountain haze! after finding your blog, i had my house (other than beds and baths) painted that color, and I still LOVE it! So bright and clean. But I do agree, on some days, especially in my kitchen, it does look quite minty, even seafoam-ee. Which I dont love, but overall I think its a great color and goes with a lot. Thanks for heloing me make my house cuter! PS, you should be a handy-girl! I would love to do all the trims and moldings you do, if only I knew how to use saws! You should hire yourself out for projects :)

it is a really good color – i just needed a change :) And im sure you can totally use a saw! Once you try it you will wonder what you were ever scared of! :)

5. Michelle
    Michelle says:

I just stumbled upon your blog tonight from someone pinning your “EAT” letters in your kitchen. I have been perusing… and really enjoying your blog. I had to chuckle when I read in a past post, I think it was your home tour, that you were into the green, golds and brown. That is what is in my house now. I feel kind of stuck with it. I love the airy feel of your main level. Yes, definitely can tell the difference. It is a beautiful shade of gray. I liked the old color too, but see what you mean. It did have that kind of minty look, didn’t it. :) Pretty color though. :)

Trackbacks & Pingbacks