And the “Worst Blogger of the Year Award” goes too….Sausha @ Sweet Pickins!!

Im so sorry for taking such a long break!!  It was my full intention to post more often, but you guys know how it is and life gets in the way!  I could seriously post at least once a day with new furniture pieces that are in and out of the shop – but i just havent had the time to take the pics, edit and the write a post – i LOVE my job, but the whole “behind the scences” computer stuff is way time consuming!!  My blog re-design was done clear back in January and i still havent updated the tabs!!

And emails are a whole other story!  I honestly dont know how bloggers do it!  I get so many questions each day that i just cant get to each of them and unfortunately they get pushed back – sorry if you are waiting on a response from me, i will try my best to get to them.

Anyways – enough whining.  I know we are all busy and in not complaining – i guess i would rather have more on my plate than nothing at all!!  I sometimes just feel like i need to explain my self, i love having this blog and all the awesome things and people that it has brought into my life.  And i truly appreciate that people would even ask me for advice and all the sweet comments and emails i get – i still cant get over that!!  You guys are awesome.

……………………………………………………..

Ok – on to a dresser that i did recently for Camilla @ First Lady of the House.  She contacted me a while back because she found an awesome dresser and wanted to add some color to her neutral family room.  And im IN LOVE with the color that she chose!

Before…

After…

Isnt the color awesome!!  I love it, its so fun!

The glaze really brought out the details in the floral design

I had lots of fun painting this dresser.  Not that i dont love neutral colors, but its so much fun painting a bold color and i love that Camilla was willing to take a risk!  And although this green is bold – its not “in your face” – know what i mean?!

The 411

Primer – SW multi purpose primer tinted to a brown

Paint – SW Dill

Glaze – SW Van Dyke Brown oil based glazed

Clear Coat – SW Wood Classics in a gloss finish

Hardware – original hardware updated with a oil rubbed bronze spray paint

1. Beth
    Beth says:

High 5, Sausha! Beautiful work! I agree with you…I like neutral colors as well, but this color is quite striking! I hope she sends you a picture of her ‘updated’ dresser added to her home!

• Marcee
      Marcee says:

Ditto ….. just absolutely fantastic! Perks up any room w/class!!

Nice to be talented. I have no patience for this type of painting. How do you even decide what brands and everything that goes along with the job of refinishing furniture? Me = blank brain. Boo.

2. Jennifer Garbett
    Jennifer Garbett says:

Ok you just said you don’t have time for questions so this won’t be a question but I wanted to say I LOVE your work and live in Arizona and wish SO BAD I could buy some of your stuff =) And my non question request is PLEASE post pics of your basement…or any of your house but I want to see more of your basement that you posted on awhile ago…of course, in all your spare time =)

3. Camilla
    Camilla says:

LOVE it! I pretty much NEED a dresser like that. I had to do a doubletake when I saw *my* name in the post, lol. I was getting a little excited that the dresser was for me for just a split second, hahahaha!

4. Linda Diombala
    Linda Diombala says:

Thank you so much for giving specific colors, brands, type of products used. I am just speaking for myself, but so many other blogs seem to do nothing but promote Chalk Paint. I know it is great, but I love learning about paint colors from other vendors, glazes, primers, etc. Informative!!

well, i used a dark brown tinted primer so any areas that were distressed mostly show the brown primer instead of the natural wood color. And where it looks black on the flower details is the glaze that i used – thats why glaze is so awesome, it really makes the details stand out!!

5. Shawna
    Shawna says:

I think green is always a neutral. I love green and it works as both a bright bit of colour and as a neutral.

6. Liz
    Liz says:

Hi Sausha, great work! I was wondering what brand of spray paint you use for the oil rubbed bronze hardware look? Is there a specific one that you like better than another?

7. isabel
    isabel says:

hi sausha: i think that is your name. I found your website after searching and searching for information and steps in glazing and painting furniutre. I have never done this but I love the wayyour furniture looks. The green dresser was gorgeous. what color is that and what color glaze did you use. I have also tried to find books in this technique but it is impossible. any books that i can find or do you have anything you can recommend. isabel.

thanks!! i dont know of any books out there. The color on that dresser is SW dill and the glaze is SW oil glaze in van dyke brown – all products used are listed at the bottom of the post:)

8. Lisa
    Lisa says:

Hi Sausha,
    This piece is gorgeous. What do you use for your primer? Every time I try to get a primer tinted to a dark colour they tell me it can’t be done. What is the brand, the type of primer and what colour do you have it tinted to? Also, are your primer, paint and poly all water based, and only your glazing stain oil based? Great work!