Well, Hello!!!  Sorry, ive been slacking on the blog posting again, its just so hard to find an extra hour in the day lately!  Im rearranging my schedule next week and trying out a new “routine” hoping that i can get in some more computer time – so hopefully more posts are in our future :)

Anyways, i got this sweet couch and chair a while back and knew it had some potential.  Luckily for me the guy next door to my shop does upholstery, and he did an awesome job!!

I wasnt a big fan of the original tufting and wanted something more casual.   I just had it covered in a painters drop cloth so its super durable, and it looks like linen.  Extra foam was added on the back so the tufting could be covered up.

The only thing that i had to do was paint the wood (Honeymilk by Valspar) and then add the little decorative trim to cover up the staples.  I only burnt my finger about 10 times with the hot glue gun – maybe i should stick to painting?!

I am lovin that scalloped back!

How cute is that?!  Its the most comfy couch ever – i have been taking some breaks on that couch while im at the shop – ssshhhh ;)  My client is coming to pick it up tomorrow – i hope she likes it as much as i do!!

**********************************************

Did you notice the “hello” sign on my barn wood?  One of my sweetest clients ever (Hi Leslie!!) asked me if i could cut letters/words like she had been seeing online.  I never have, but didnt think it could be too hard.  I dont have a tutorial for this, but basically i found a font i liked, had it blown up by kinkos, cut out the word then traced it onto some MDF.  Then i just cut out the word with a jigsaw and painted it.  This one is painted Sherwin Williams “Stop”.   How freaking cute is this sign!!  I am for sure going to make me one in yellow :)

If you want your own “Hello” sign,they will be up for sale in the Sweet Pickins Shop!  (you can choose your color)

1. Cynthia
    Cynthia says:

That is seriously over-the-top fabulous! Wow! And the painter’s drop cloth thing is genius! I have a little formal settee I’ve been wanting to recover for a long time. This might be just the thing for it! I am a little nervous about painting the wood though- not because I can’t but I always worry about whether or not I SHOULD. Looking at this? Oh I so should!

2. Terrie
    Terrie says:

Love Love Love this couch! A drop cloth! You would NEVER know!! I truly love the transformations you do and your blog! Thanks for sharing with us!

3. Camille Mendel
    Camille Mendel says:

Wow, what a transformation! Stupid question alert, but how do you paint the trim on an upholstered piece without being able to remove the fabric? I’m so new to all this, I guess I need it spelled out. You do such incredible work. If you ever need an apprentice, I’m your gal. :-)

4. Korrie@RedHenHome
    Korrie@RedHenHome says:

Love the new look of the couch! It really is a great display with those bright pillows and the fun “hello” sign. You are *obviously* much more skilled with a jigsaw than I am!

5. Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil
    Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil says:

I love that beautiful couch so much! It’s so rad!

Would you believe I just posted a tutorial for a big yellow hello sign?! I used a jigsaw too, but I used my Silhouette machine to cut a big template.

I think I need a red one now! I love it so much!!!

Claire from a little something in the meantime sent me over to check out your big red hello:0)

thats too funny!! Those signs are getting popular now :) By the way – im making me a yellow one!!

6. Angie
    Angie says:

Wow. That looks amazing. I would love to find something like that for my living room. I love the colorful pillows against the neutral sofa. Nice job.
    Angie

7. Rhonda
    Rhonda says:

That turned out fantastic – I love the look of the dropcloth and that paint color. I’m thinking it might be good for my new Craigslist dresser…

8. Elissa
    Elissa says:

Hi Sausha friend- I LOVE THE COUCH!! LOVE IT!! Once I have a pretty rug and maybe some drapes behind it I’ll send you a pic. It’s so pretty thanks so much!

9. Leslie
    Leslie says:

I saw the hello sign on Pinterest before I had a chance to view it here and felt like a proud parent telling my friends, “That’s MY hello sign in that picture!” Ha! You are one talented girl, let me tell ya!

10. Leigh
    Leigh says:

Sausha – greetings from New Zealand … I LOVE the hello sign … I’m new to your blog but I’ve seen some stunning ones “balance” … or “slowdown” etc – love your blog some ideas for me to add to mine.
    Take care

im sorry, i have no idea!! I downloaded a bunch and i dont know which one i ended up going with – sorry!!

11. Sandra Licher
    Sandra Licher says:

I could kick myself as I had a couch like that and you’re right it was comfortable but I sold it as I don’t like French Provincial unless it’s done like yours! In fact I was going to do a plaid on it. I knew I didn’t have the money to reupholster and so I got rid of it but it was quality also and now I have nothing! LOL! Oh well, I’m moving hopefully too and the so the next stop is permanent and I’ll junk around for furniture to fit the house I get. You did a great job though! Love the sign too!
    Don’t feel bad about not blogging…I think Spring is a busy time for everyone! TTYL!

12. Rochelle
    Rochelle says:

Hi there Sausha. I’ve been following your blog since I saw you on the Nate show. In fact, I’ve caught up on all of your posts. I love the sofa, sign, and i just have a question where you found all the pillows on the sofa? They really compliment the look of the sofa and the colour of the sign. I read that the floral one was from pier 1, but just wondering about the others. Thanks.

they are all from pier 1, besides the cream one with the coral/red embroidered design, which is from target. And they are all recent purchases, so you can still get them!!

13. Lindsey
    Lindsey says:

Hi! I would LOVE a “hello” sign. I didn’t see them listed in your shop – am I looking in the right spot or are they sold out? Thanks!

nope, they are listed!! you may just have to scroll down further. If you send me an email with your zip code i can get you a shipping quote :)

14. Tiare
    Tiare says:

This is a beautiful arrangement. You really have a good eye for color….speaking of color, what color did you use to paint the ‘hello’ sign? I think I need something in my house painted that color. Thank you.

15. Kristin
    Kristin says:

This is amazing. I love that couch, and drop cloths for fabric! Genius! I just recently cut out some wood arrows and have been wanting to do a word but wasn’t sure my jigsaw would handle it. This gives me courage and inspiration because that hello is adorable, especially on that background. Dropped by from whatever and will be sticking around to be inspired. :)

16. Claire
    Claire says:

I love those colors! I like the light blue with the pops of color on the couch…. that’s great. Do you remember where you got and what the wall color is?

the wall color is just basic white, i believe its kwal howell high hide white – its just what the shop owner painted on before i moved in there. Your monitor must be showing it as blue, but its bright white :)