Hey everyone!  I just wanted to drop in real quick and let you know that you are in the right place!  I decided to merge both my blogs together and just have one – it will really make things so much easier on me!  I decided to go with Sweet Pickins since that is my business name and want to focus on that “brand”.

I still have some work to do on the content for the menu bars – but that will be done shortly

I’m hoping that this blog will be much more user friendly – for both you and me!  You can see on the side bar there is a “How I Paint Furniture” tab – i get lots of questions everyday so i will soon start a series of how i go about painting furniture, so all the posts will be there so you can reference them.

I also decided to accept advertisers/sponsors – something i never thought that i would do!  But lately i have gotten emails about it and if i can help promote someones site/small business then i would be honored!  You can click on the “your add here” on the side bar to upload your button.

How do you guys like the new design?  I LOVE it!!  Tony @ Evenpar Solutions did an awesome job and was so great to work with!  This change also involved me moving to WordPress – so that should be fun!

Well, as of 3/1/12 google friend connect will no longer be available for wordpress blogs, so any blogs that you have just clicked “follow” and if they are a non blogger blog, you wont get your updates anymore! So crazy that google is taking that away! So, for my blog and all the other non blogger blogs you will have to find a different way to follow (sign up for email posts, sign up through bloglovin, subscribe to a feed, or facebook) – all those options are on my sidebar :)

thanks! That is my business name and i love it! It took me forever to get the right name, but i think its perfect :)

1. Rita May
    Rita May says:

I love the new look. It’s beautiful. You should post a picture of your old template so that we can see it and compare. I would love to know how your merged your blogs. I’ve been thinking of doing that too. Can you do a post on that? Did you get to keep your followers from show and tell? Did you get to keep your stats (page views, popular post, etc.)? I’d hate to lose all that information. We all love blog tips!

2. Jennifer Garbett
    Jennifer Garbett says:

I LOVE all your stuff and so wish you lived/worked in Arizona so I could benefit from your talent here =) I’m just curious, you said Google friend connect is going away…I use google reader…is that the same thing?? I don’t view through blogger but through google. I would be sad to lose all of my google reader blogs. Just curious if you know the answer to that?

And thanks for posting such great stuff all the time, I REALLY love your style, your decor and your home!!

3. Rhonda
    Rhonda says:

Love the new site – was the blog design expensive, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m itching for a change for not a lot of change, if you know what I mean!

it wasnt too bad – tony gives free quotes so just email him telling him what you need and he will get back with you!

4. Lindsay
    Lindsay says:

Hi Sausha! I am so glad you love your new site. I helped Tony with the design side of things. This was an amazing project and your blog is an inspiration. Can’t wait to start following it daily. Best of luck!

thank you so much!! i LOVE the design, its perfect! And i cant even tell you how much i love my logo – its exactly what i wanted!