A couple of months ago when I re painted my 1/2 bath, I re painted the laundry room as well.  I always hated that mocha color in there – it never felt like the rest of my house.

Finally, with the addition of a couple wicker baskets, an old window and the new color, it has the same feeling as the rest of the house.

Before…

laundryroom 2 032

After…repainted in Silvermist by SW – mixed with white to lighten the color – about a 1:1 ratio

DSC_0014

DSC_0025

I looked everywhere for wicker baskets for under the W/D, but couldn’t find them anywhere.  I finally found some that would fit, but they would not hold up to the pulling in and out everyday.  So, I went with these 2 from Hobby Lobby for $20 each (50% off that week) – perfect for holding random things and socks.  And I like how they add some texture to the room.

DSC_0020

Next to the sink is a jar I found a while ago – perfect for storing all that money that I find when doing laundry.  Whatever is left in pockets is mine to keep – that’s the deal.

DSC_0023

I use these old milk jugs to hold my soap/fabric softener and bleach.  I just used some corks from hobby lobby.  I use these things pretty much everyday, so its nice having them out on the counter, plus I have had these jars forever so its good to finally use something Smile

DSC_0028

DSC_0032

I took down the old door and replaced it with an old window that I took from another part of the house.  It’s a little big, so it has to lean – I need to cut a little bit of it off but I havent done it yet.  Then I have another little something planned for that window but havent gotten around to that one either…so much to do….

**My Most asked questions about this room**

DSC_0038

Q.  Did you paint your cabinets?

A.  No, when we built the house we picked them out from the builder.

Q.  Where did you get your rugs?

A.  They were an outdoor rug I got from Target a few years ago for about $5 each

Q.  What is that thing under your washer?

A.  It is a drain pan in case the washer leaks.  It has a plastic tube that connects from the pan to the drain, just in case.  You can buy them at lowes/home depot.  It’s a good idea if your laundry room is above another room.

Q. What is the sign on your door?

A.  Just a cute/crafty sign that I got at Wood Connection a few years ago – you can see what I am talking about in the very 1st pic on this post.

Q.  Does your washer shake and does it move the platform?

A.  NO!!  There are feet on the bottom of the W/D so that you can level them out.  As long as they are level they wont shake.  And the platform is mounted to the wall, so its super sturdy.  I have climbed on top of that thing a million times to paint and they don’t budge.  As long as you build the platform with plenty of support you will be fine.  You can go here for Ana Whites plans!!

Go Here to see previous posts about my laundry room

1. Shannon@FoxHollowCottage
    Shannon@FoxHollowCottage says:

I like the lighter look but it's a super cuter laundry room either way!! Fab pedestal for the washer/dryer. I have a change jar too. It's my garage sale "no guilt" money.

2. Susan
    Susan says:

We built a laundry platform very similar to yours. Ours doesn't shake either. I especially love the basket storage underneath. Great job on decorating your rooom!

3. The Decorative Dreamer
    The Decorative Dreamer says:

I love all the details of your laundry room. It's so pretty! I have a change basket, lol, I love the jar idea!

4. Kacey
    Kacey says:

Beautiful job! This makes me want to build our own platform. Maybe I'll add that to the mile-long list of future projects… :)

5. Amy of The Salvage Collection
    Amy of The Salvage Collection says:

hello…my first visit and i'm loving your laundry room! the raised platform rocks!!

moving on to check out your other posts…

amy

6. janet
    janet says:

I really like the color and also the way you have the ladder on the wall..How could ya not like coming into this room to do laundry..
    Janet

7. Lisa Dorman
    Lisa Dorman says:

OMG, girl I love your whole site, leaves me so inspired, and so much to think about.
    I also re-do ffurniture, and sale in a local store in Tooele, UT

Your Friend,

Lisa

you can click on my sidebar on the laundry room pic and it will take you to all the post and there is a full tutorial in there for building these!

8. Amanda
    Amanda says:

You have inspired me! I cannot wait to get started on my own laundry room…this is exactly what I have been looking for!!

9. Stephanie
    Stephanie says:

I would like to know how the laundry basket holder under the W/D is. Did you refurbish it from something else or did you build it. I would really like that for my laundry room since all the dirty laundry finds its way to the floor infront of the W/D. If you have the dimentions and instructions, could you email it to me.

Thank you.

10. Jacki
    Jacki says:

My husband and I are going to tackle this project this weekend! Where did you get the white lettering for the ‘Whites’ ‘Colors’ and ‘Darks’? It looks Vinyl?

I think ive already responded to your comment but just in case, its vinyl lettering cut from the cricut

11. Jackie
    Jackie says:

I love the idea of the money jar by the sink. I did something similar, not as cute but same idea. After about oh, 3 years, I had saved enough for our family vacation to Myrtle Beach. I had almost 3,000.00. I know right!! It seems almost unbelievable but let me assure you it is true. I have 5 kids (all but one with a job now) and a husband who hates to give that 3 cents at the register and will just take the change from bills instead. Lucky for me, he also usually forgot to empty his pockets. I may have gotten contributions once I announced what the goal was for the change, :0). One more thing, I absolutely love your laundry room. I would almost not even mind doing laundry in a room like that.:0) Great job!!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks