This cute little dresser had been hangin out in my garage for about a year – i finally finished it up and think it turned out pretty cute :)

It was missing the top drawer so i put down a piece of thin piece of fiberboard to give it a finished look.  If your pieces are missing drawers, or the drawers are beyond repair – just leave the space empty.  You could put a basket in there, some folded up blankets, use it as a cute little bookshelf or use it as a tv console and put your tv components in there.

I went a little bright with the color – but its kinda has a funky retro vintage style, so the blue/green i chose worked perfect.  I did put a coat of straight stain over the dresser (dark walnut) to tone down the color a bit and give it a more aged look.  Just brush the stain off and wipe it off – kinda like glazing that i showed here.

Before…

unfinished furniture 033

After…sorry about the bad picture quality – i was in a hurry

zai bday 055

zai bday 057

zai bday 058

zai bday 054

Knobs = Hobby Lobby

Color = Rivulet (#6760) by Sherwin Williams

Linking this project up to CSI – garage sale  – go and see all the other entries!!!

Visit thecsiproject.com

1. Michael - Innkeeper
    Michael - Innkeeper says:

this is fan-freakin-tastic! just love it!

and the 'missing' drawer is my favorite part! seriously. adore!!

2. DallyGirl @ Lifeat2810
    DallyGirl @ Lifeat2810 says:

Very pretty piece – love the fact that the drawer is missing and the color just makes it pop.

3. Jessie
    Jessie says:

It is literally painful knowing that I don't live close enough to benefit from the beautiful work you do bringing furniture back to life.

4. Rhonda
    Rhonda says:

That turned out incredible… way better than the before! That color is so great – must try my hand at this painting furniture thing!

5. Erin
    Erin says:

Ok, I've never been a fan of Waterfall furniture….but you actually made this GORGEOUS! The color is amazing! :)

6. Shannon
    Shannon says:

Great tip about the missing drawer. I always pass over furniture that has missing or badly broken drawers, but not anymore. Thanks for the tip and your dresser turned out gorgeous!

7. Farmer's Wyfe
    Farmer's Wyfe says:

WOW!! What a difference!!! LOVE it!!! And great idea to just leave the drawer space open…can't even notice, it just looks right!! Love it!! :)