I QUIT MY JOB!!!!!!!

For a while now, i have really wanted to quit my full time job as a court clerk (10 years this June).  It had been nagging at me for some time now, seriously buggin me.  I didn’t want to quit because i didn’t like my job – in fact that made the decision all the harder, because for the most part i have really liked working as a court clerk.  But, i knew that there was something else for me – i knew in my little heart that furniture is my thing.  I would go to work every day feeling anxious – like i needed to be home painting.  I would think about furniture stuff all day!!!

So me and my husband went back and forth for a while, we made plans, we changed plans then changed plans again – and in the end we made the decision that now is as good as time as any to leave my job, stay home with my kids and pursue my little furniture hobby.

I was so excited, nervous and scared all at the same time about quitting and doing my own thing – this was a HUGE decision!!!

But, i did it and couldn’t be happier!!  Its only been a week now so i need to figure some things out – but it will all come together :)

I have been painting non-stop this week – so there will be a lot more before and afters coming soon.  And since i was doing furniture in ALL of my spare time, i can now have my “own” time back and get back to doing projects in my house – and there is a ton that i want to do this summer!!  I plan on working 6-4 M-F on furniture/blogging and then have my nights and weekends back for house projects – oh ya, and time with the family :)

Look at these flowers that my husband sent me on my last day – so sweet!

crafthutch1 015

Can you read his message?  I told him that i am totally framing this up so the next time that he complains about my garage i am going to show it to him – i really should just laminate and wear it around my neck since he complains often!!

crafthutch1 014

Oh ya – and i know a lot of people that read daily quotes for some inspiration – well, i had a little bit of inspiration myself.  I saved all of my fortunes (only the ones that i liked of course and could apply it to my life!) and taped them up @ work – reading them daily!!  Some people like famous smart people – i like chinese food…whatever works right?

crafthutch1 017

And i am hoping now that i can contribute more time to my blog, so all those posts that i have been promising WILL happen soon!!

1. **nicke...
    **nicke... says:

congratulations! i am very happy for you and can't wait to see what you create with all of your new work time!

2. {We Are The Wade's}
    {We Are The Wade's} says:

The fortunes are AWESOME!! Congrats, and good for you!
    I have to say that your blog is my favorite. I get so excited when you update haha

3. Nutmeg
    Nutmeg says:

Yay! I did the same thing this year and it's not only a huge weight off my shoulders but has also lowered my blood pressure.

4. Kasia
    Kasia says:

I am SO excited for you! YEA!!! If you ever feel cooped up, come play with some paper, we miss you! oh and I LOVE the fortunes, I have one stashed by my computer too :)

5. My Primitive Creations by Tonya
    My Primitive Creations by Tonya says:

Being a woman who has lived her dreams I know exactly where you are coming from and why your heart kept tugging at you to follow those dreams. Sometimes its a tuff road to hoe but the rewards of creating and doing what makes your heart sing are far greater then the tuff times. I know I'm living my dreams. The best part is you will have time to spend with your kids building memories as well.

May god bless your creative hands and mind with a happy heart and everything you hoped living your dream would be!!

Blessings
    Tonya

6. Heather
    Heather says:

Congrats!! I am so looking forward to the day when I can quit my side jobs and not have that schedule bugging me!! Look forward to more beautiful furniture.=)

7. Tracy D
    Tracy D says:

Congratulations..someone wise once said 'do what you love and you will always be successful'. Looking forward to seeing what you create :)

8. Love Being A Nonny
    Love Being A Nonny says:

Good for you……and that is THE sweetest note from your husband. Treasure it always! Even on the tough days!

9. Danielle Bartran
    Danielle Bartran says:

Congratulations! I'm sure your job will miss you, but I selfishly am so excited that you'll be able to focus on your creative side–I think we'll all be inspired!

10. Teresa@Much-A-Do
    Teresa@Much-A-Do says:

Kudos to you! You're going to work your little heart out – and love every minute of it! Can't wait to see all the marvelous things you'll create.

Teresa@Much-A-Do

11. Jenny
    Jenny says:

Congrats to you for following your dreams! What an exciting decision! Looking forward to seeing more projects from you!!

12. Jo (@ boogaloo)
    Jo (@ boogaloo) says:

Congratulations! You've already done the most difficult part – the decision to make it all happen! All the best :)

13. Pine Tree Home
    Pine Tree Home says:

Sometimes you have to just do it. My husband quit his job and couldn't be happier. A happier husband makes a happier me. I'm sure the same will happen for you. Keep us posted on your painting.

14. InMyOwnStyle
    InMyOwnStyle says:

Hi Sausha-

Congratulations! I know what a huge decision it is to quit your job. I too, recently quit mine to pursue my blog and get back into doing design consults. It has been about 2 months now. It took me awhile to find my rhythm, but I am so happy. My friends were the ones who kept saying to me – "What are ya doing working – your wasting your talents". There is a scary factor to it as my husband has been in transition for the past two years. He is the bread winner so I am now on a tight budget and have to keep many home improvement projects on hold. We are charting new territory for sure.
    I am looking forward to seeing all of your new projects.
    My best- Diane

15. Christa @ Stories of a House
    Christa @ Stories of a House says:

It's so neat to see when someone is so happy about what they are doing. I couldn't be more in the same boat! You are incredibly talented, and we all love your creations. Lucky for us that we get to see more :)

16. shizzknits
    shizzknits says:

Congratulations! It's scary to give up a 'sure thing' to pursue our passions, but somehow it always works out in the end.

And tell your hubby he's very sweet for giving you the flowers! :)

17. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper
    Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

congrats! you are going to do very well, and more importantly, you are going to be very happy!

18. Sara
    Sara says:

Good for you! Funny thing is I've been at my current workplace now for 10 years as well and have been having a nagging feeling too! Not because of projects, tho, but I want to be around and available for some of the people in my life.

19. Katie
    Katie says:

Congrats! I know this is so excited and maybe a little stressful. But you will do great! Can't wait to see what you create!

20. Amanda M.
    Amanda M. says:

Congrats!! Selfishly, I am super excited because I cannot wait to see all the MORE creations coming from you!! YAY!!!

21. Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement
    Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement says:

Congratulations! What an exciting time for you. I'm eager to see your new projects.

Have a great day!
    Pam

22. I Play Outside The Box
    I Play Outside The Box says:

Congratulations and Best Wishes in your future. Sweet message from your husband….he sounds like a keeper to me. Ü

23. B's Mommy
    B's Mommy says:

Wish BiG! DrEaM BiGGeR!! Congratulations! So happy & excited for YOU!! I look forward to your posts. I can't wait to see all your new projects. And your man… hold on to him :) You two make a great team!!

24. Lauren
    Lauren says:

Good for you! And that your husband is so sweet to let you follow your dreams! You truly have a God given talent! God bless you in your new adventure! I look forward to seeing your goods:)

25. Emily
    Emily says:

I'm so happy for you! What a sweet husband you have! I still plan on posting the furniture you painted after I spray my hardware and get it put back on, which who knows when that will happen because I finally had my baby, a week overdue! Some time I'll finish what you started for me and post it:)

26. junkermidge
    junkermidge says:

How exciting! Congratulations on this new path your life is taking. And what a gem of a husband you have. So happy for you! You'll do great!
    Midge

27. Elle Uy {SWITCHEROOm}
    Elle Uy {SWITCHEROOm} says:

Good luck to the next chapter of your life! You're husband's note is really sweet, you deserve to follow your dreams. :)

28. Heidi @ Honeybear Lane
    Heidi @ Honeybear Lane says:

Congrats on quitting your job!! I should probably go ahead and tell you right now that I pretty much idolize your furniture-painting/distressing abilities. I love that your methods are more just 'get to it' rather than taking each careful step–that's SO how I am. I can't wait to see what new fun things you do now with your 'full time job!'

Heidi

29. Kelly
    Kelly says:

Congratulations! That's so exciting. I love that your husband got you flowers – so sweet. I hope to be able to have the same happy headline in the not TOO distant future. Here's to making dreams into reality! Best of luck you – I'll be cheering you on from cyberspace! :)

30. Tiffany
    Tiffany says:

K, little weirded out by a few things…I am too a mil wife, worked as a city clerk, and hung up my fortune cookie fortunes all around my desk at my clerk job. I do not, however, turn out such awesome furniture redos on a regular basis.

Congrats and good luck to you!

31. Denise
    Denise says:

As Oprah says, "Do what you love and the money will follow." Being at home and having the freedom to pursue your dream will be wonderful.

Caution – It's amazing how many things come up that you need to do or others want you to do. They'll think your time is flexible. Your furniture time can be eaten away. That's been my biggest challenge. You are ahead of me – you've already set up your business hours!

32. Jessica @ Decor Adventures
    Jessica @ Decor Adventures says:

Congrats to you! I don't know if I've ever commented here before but I had to just wish you the best. You must be so elated :-)

More furniture projects – yay!

33. Stephanie@TheCrowsNest
    Stephanie@TheCrowsNest says:

How cool!! And the funny thing is…I just did the same exact thing!! My last day was Feb. 28th and I haven't looked back. Very excited for my new adventure. Good luck with yours!!

34. The Farm-Marm
    The Farm-Marm says:

CONGRATS!!!! I'm so jealous! I've been thinking of doing this too. I wish I was in Salt Lake still, I would be buying from You at least once a month!

35. Elaine
    Elaine says:

So excited for you!! Love the flowers and card too, how sweet. I just got the news that my job is being declared redundant and will be unemployed on April 7th. You're my inspiration to pursue something I'm really passionate about and make a change. How timely.

36. Elaine
    Elaine says:

Congratulations…this is so encouraging and hopeful for the rest of us who hope to come to this decision in the future! good luck!!!!

37. Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around
    Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around says:

that is WONDERFUL news for you and for your family!!!!! so so happy for you :)

38. The Downs Family
    The Downs Family says:

Oh man am I JEALOUS! I dream of the day that I can quit my job and just decorate!!!! :) Congrats and happy painting!

39. French Hen Farm
    French Hen Farm says:

congratulations! you are living my dream. I know the feeling you were talking about. Everyday at work i think about my craft and wish I could do it full time.
    best of luck to you!

40. Sarah's Salvages
    Sarah's Salvages says:

I'm so happy for you! I know how stressful/boring court can be — I am a court reporter. How awesome that you now get to spend time doing your true love, working on furniture! Good luck and congrats :)