Just this last Saturday my grandma got married!!  My grandpa died a few years ago and i never thought that she would re-marry.  But about a year and a half ago she met David, we loved him from the beginning and knew he would fit right in with our  crazy family :)

Saturday was the big day – it was a simple wedding that was in my mom and dads backyard.  They have a sweet backyard – my dads “baby”!!  He spends so much time back there and has done everything himself – all the landscaping, the building, the designing, the weed picking (well, i am sure my mom helped a little too…)  And its well worth all the time that he spends on it, it was a perfect setting for the wedding.

grandma wedding august 033

My dad built his ‘japanese tea house’ – renamed this week ‘the wedding chapel’ a couple of years ago.  Usually he has some furniture up there and is the perfect place to relax after doing all that yard work – but this weekend it was the perfect spot for grandma and David to say “I DO!!”

grandma wedding august 034

This is towards the other side of their yard, back behind the walkway is the garden – i love how its kind of hidden.  One day, i will have to do a post about their backyard for all you “yardies” out there…

grandma wedding august 038

So grandma, David, the flower girls and the ring boys all walked up to the tea house wedding chapel, by way of the rock stair case – the kids love playing on the rocks, and my dad is cool with that as long as you don’t walk in the gravel!!  Without fail, every time we are there someone walks in the gravel…come on people!!

grandma wedding august 207

See the white pom-poms?  Yup, i made those, i did contribute a little :)  I love them and brought them all home – now i just need to figure out where to hang them in my house…

grandma wedding august 374

I also made some wooden boxes for the tables.  I used old barn wood that i already had (actually got it from this same grandma).  The boxes are pretty basic and only took about a half hour to make four of them.  I didn’t stress myself – i wanted them to look very rustic.

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 024

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 027

I painted them light blue – I tried not to cover all the wood – just slopped some paint on and called it good.  My kind of project!  Then i filled them with a bunch of mason jars and flowers from costco – have i told you how much i love flowers from costco – they seriously last so long and they are super cheap – and they have a good variety.

grandma wedding august 351

grandma wedding august 354

grandma wedding august 359

And just because the little flowers girls were so cute in their bare feet…

grandma wedding august 325

Anyways, i had fun helping out with the wedding – and i am so happy to have David in our lives, and i couldn’t be more happy for my grandma, she totally deserves someone to have fun with and someone to go with her and do all the things that she wants to do – she is one active granny!!

I have so many memories of my grandpa, and although David will not take his place, i am so happy that he is here and that my kids will have a new grandpa to make their own memories with :)

grandma wedding august 244

Congratulations Grandma and Grandpa – we love you!!

wedding 118

1. Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys
    Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys says:

This a sweet post. Good for them!! Your dad's yard is amazing. You get your talent honestly. The boxes came out super cute. As far as the pom poms, I bet they look adorable in your little girls room.

2. Gifts of Serendipity
    Gifts of Serendipity says:

What a lovely wedding, filled with lots of beautiful touches [Loving your flower boxes and pom-poms] and a beautiful couple to boot!
    Your family must be so glad that your Grandmother has found someone to share her new adventures with, David surely does look like a keeper.
    Felicity
    PS Your Dad is a cracker-jack gardener

3. the momma (aka Shannon)
    the momma (aka Shannon) says:

that just may be the sweetest thing i've read all day.
    congratulations to them. it was a beautiful wedding.
    and your parent's yard is just stunning. my dad has been talking about a japanese bath house for years…i'll have to share this with him. :)
    congrats again to the newlyweds!

4. Ali@Honey and Maple Syrup
    Ali@Honey and Maple Syrup says:

That is so cute! Love the boxes!
    My grandma just got married 2 years ago to the man she's been with for about 23 years!

5. Something Nice and Pretty
    Something Nice and Pretty says:

How wonderful for you grandmother and David, a beautiful wedding in a beautiful setting! Love the pom poms and the blue boxes!

Rondell

6. Meredith
    Meredith says:

What a nice way to celbrate and welcome him into teh family. Yep a post about he back yard would be nice! Love the flower boxes and pom poms

7. Tiffany
    Tiffany says:

There was beauty in every ounce of that post! The yard, the set-up, the pom-poms, your boxes, the flower girls and your grandma's new love made my morning. I needed that. Thanks for sharing!

8. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper
    Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

how awesome!!! i am so happy for the beautiful couple- they look great together and you can see how happy they are together. what a beautiful and sweet ceremony.

9. Heather
    Heather says:

Awww…that's so sweet! Congratulations Grandma! Beautiful wedding…mason jars, sloppy paint, barefoot girls, and tissue paper pom poms – My kind of wedding! :)

10. Robyn
    Robyn says:

Congratulations to your Grandma and new Grandpa! It's so great that even though she lost your grandfather that she was open to find love again.

I'm in yard heaven! I LOOOOVE your parents backyard. Please do a post about it. Perfect place for an event.

11. Elaine
    Elaine says:

That's a nice happy story, thanks for sharing. Gorgeous yard! And as always, I love your box creations and the mason jars. Great idea, another one I might have to steal.

12. Kim
    Kim says:

How nice. It looks like they included a lot of family, too. I love your work on the flower boxes. Thanks for the Costco tip, I must have missed it previously.

13. Pamela Rosenberg
    Pamela Rosenberg says:

These picture are stunning and I love everything you did. It was really beautiful. I lost my dad a couple of years ago and he can never be replaced but I was thrilled when my mom met a man and moved on with her life. The world is so much better when I see my mom happy again. Congrats to your family.
    Pam

14. The Boston Lady
    The Boston Lady says:

How wonderful! Congrats to everyone in the family as well as the newlyweds. Your dad's yard is just beautiful and all your contributions to the day were pretty and special. I am also a big fan of Costco flowers. You are absolutely right when you say they are so reasonably priced and they last so long! You showed the flowers off beautifully in the rustic boxes and mason jars. Fabulous!

15. Charlotte
    Charlotte says:

thanks for sharing this with the world. It was lovely, creative and heart felt. Can't wait to see your dad's yardwork.
    Love this blog.

16. Robin
    Robin says:

Congratulations to your Grandma! I just have to say that I LOVE the centerpieces you constructed! You did a terrific job!
    ~Robin @keephomesimple

17. Pamela
    Pamela says:

How utterly and totally sweet! Congrats to your grandma and new grandpa! They looks sooo happy! Your dads "baby" is just gorgeous!

18. Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust
    Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust says:

Ahhh, how adorable. Love those wooden boxes. Wish I could find some of that wood lying around!

Warmly, Michelle

19. katie bush
    katie bush says:

i love your idea with the old barn wood. i'm featuring it on my inspiration page at thecoppercoconut.blogspot.com!

20. JanMary
    JanMary says:

What a perfect beautiful wedding.

And lovely garden (no way we would call that a back yard here in Ireland!). My Dad has an alpine garden with the gravel too, and has similar opinions on people walking on it!

Loved your boxes, mason jars, the bridesmaids bare feet – all of it!

21. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

scrooge-like hotels stingy disneyland
    [url=http://vimeo.com/user4498961]hotel price compare
    [/url]airline ranking
    accommodation vouchers
    procure a booking
    [url=http://www.earthday.org/users/48490]cost hotel
    [/url]delight b & b deals
    cheap residence numbers
    usc housing
    [url=http://www.fairview.org/cty/members/klemot/default.aspx]hotel rue
    [/url]in toto completely cost frugality excellence y tickets
    breakfast house
    hotel search
    [url=http://www.youthcabinet.org/profile/Josh]ivy hotel
    [/url]direct flights to
    airlie lido tourist house
    conformation
    [url=http://www.beautyresearch.com/blogs/alexa/archive/2010/08/15/hotels-and-accomodations.aspx]hotel aposento
    [/url]forebears mobile phones
    cruise deals
    times
    [url=http://www.mazdacommunity.com/profiles/blogs/special-hotel-offers-or]cheap liverpool hotels
    [/url]additional container tabulation
    hotels directory
    hotels lodgings

22. valerie
    valerie says:

wow! love the garden, love the boxes and the flowers you put together and the white pom poms…and it is so nice to hear that your grandma found love again….it warms my heart. You are all lucky to have eachother. They make a lovely couple!

23. Jenny
    Jenny says:

What a lovely post! Love the garden, the boxes and the pom, poms. How nice that your Gran has found love again to share the rest of her life with. Best wishes to all! ;-)

24. Lisa
    Lisa says:

I'm verclempt that your family did all this work to make a beautiful wedding for your grandmother. How special and how happy for all of you. Love what you did with the flower boxes – spectacular!!!

25. Kristy
    Kristy says:

What a beautiful wedding!! How did you make the pom pom balls?! You should show us all how!!!
    Love your blog! Thanks!
    kristylin at msn dot com

26. Erin
    Erin says:

I LOVE this post!!!

What a beautiful wedding!! And I love all the simple, but beautiful touches like the flowers in jars…and the pom poms! :)