Sorry i have been MIA again, since my husbands been home we have been BUSY doing a whole lotta nothing.  We have been working in the backyard and i did start a new project that i am hoping will be done by Sunday and then i can show you guys some pics.  We also went on a little road trip to Colorado for a family thing for a few days – that was nice to just get away from laundry…computers…house cleaning…all that stuff :)

A little sneak preview of my latest project…it has to do with this closet

baby shower - road trip 6-2010 009

While I’m here i also wanted to show you what i pulled out of my dads work trailer that was on its way to the dump tomorrow…

baby shower - road trip 6-2010 271

Its the cutest little old wood ice cream bucket.  Don’t know what i will do with it but i cant just let it go to the dump and rot – why would he throw away such a cute little thing???  Men…

I also got this little silver tray yesterday from goodwill for $5, the price was a little steep i thought but i just couldn’t walk away from it – it was calling me…really, i heard it say “buy me”  :)

baby shower - road trip 6-2010 280

I’m pretty sure its an ash tray and i don’t plan on taking up smoking, but i will figure something out to do with it.

And then my find of all finds (at least in the last month anyways), is the best old door that i have come across.  It was at an old house that dad and brother were cleaning out and i went over there to check out all the junk, so glad i did!!  This door was actually still being used in the garage but my dad so kindly took it off for me and replaced it with another door that was lying around.  Thanks dad :)

baby shower - road trip 6-2010 272

Yes, its super dirty right now but underneath all that dirt is the most perfect patina of crusty, chippy, weathered, old wood with the perfect shade of “old house” green.

I. AM. IN. LOVE.

I love this kind of stuff, i cant get enough of it, i would have it wall to wall in my house if i thought that i could get away with it – and maybe one day when i am old and crazy i can :)

But, i haven’t a clue what to do with this door yet.  I know it will come to me and at any moment.  Maybe @ work while I’m typing away?  Maybe when I’m folding some laundry?  Maybe when I’m driving down the road and my mind is wandering?

Sometimes, when a life changing decorating moment flashes in my head and i gasp in excitement, my husband will ask what’s wrong?  When i tell him that i just had an epiphany about my latest project, he will just roll his eyes.  Men have no clue…at least not mine anyways :)

I can think of a million things to do with this door, but my problem is, is that i have no space for it….ugggghhhh!

And, just one last thing.  Look at this cute little rod iron gate my dad also got from house that he was cleaning out…

baby shower - road trip 6-2010 277

Its cute, its old, and will be something that i can use in our yard.  Finally some junk for the yard :)

Anyways, those are just a few of my latest finds, when i find a new home for them i will be sure to post some pics.  I will also get to working on that little closet project so i can post some before’s and afters :)

1. Stef
    Stef says:

Ooooo….I have so much old chippy green house door envy right now. Can't wait to see where you put it. Also loving the ice cream machine. So CUTE!! My project ideas come to me just when I'm drifting off to sleep at night and startle me awake. Then I have to wait until the morning to go look at whatever I was thinking about. Good times!

2. Stormy
    Stormy says:

Lucky You!

I can't wait to see what you do with the gate! we live on the 3rd floor so using it outside wouldn't work for me sooo, inside it would go! ;)

my guy is a master carpenter (builds custom homes), but @ the moment is doing a remodel on a VERY old house; and just informed me, "they want the small old barn taken down and away" — i asked if "i could get ahold of the big ol white chippy painted front door?"

he said " he'll see what he can do"

keeping fingers crossed!

3. Meredith
    Meredith says:

5 Years ago my neighbor gave me an old door she bought as a project but was moving and didn't have room so she gave it to me. I have stored it for 5 years trying to figure how I will use it. My house is not so big…I don't need a table…But it leans against a wall in my garage waiting for the right inspiration. I say hang on to it as long as you can!

4. Kristine at The Painted Hive
    Kristine at The Painted Hive says:

Great haul. That ice-cream bucket is so cute.
    It sounds like you've really been enjoying some quality family time – good for you!
    Kristine
    xx

5. Jenny
    Jenny says:

Really enjoying your makeovers and can't wait to see what you do with this exciting haul! That ice-cream bucket is cute too!

6. Elaine
    Elaine says:

I love that old door, I keep my eyes peeled for one like that all the time. Can't wait to see what you do with it! The gate is great too. Always eager to see your creations.

7. Crystal
    Crystal says:

You racked up this week….good for you! That ice cream bucket is just lovely as are the door and the gate (they were my favorites)!!

8. Something Nice and Pretty
    Something Nice and Pretty says:

Just became a follower…love your blog and your great finds. The door is such a score and myself I'd use the ice cream bucket as a planter but I'm sure you will come up with something more fantastic.

Rondell

9. Momma to Bug n' Bear
    Momma to Bug n' Bear says:

Wonder if you can't use the door outside as a plant stand? Or in the house as a desk? If neither one of those ideas appeal to you I'm sure you'll think of something. Good luck!
    -Desiree

10. Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies
    Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies says:

Great door. That's my problem too. I find these great things, but then don't have the space in my home for it. I'm sure you'll come up with something amazing. Can't wait to see the closet project. Maybe it will help inspire me with my closet the exact same size.

11. barbara@hodge:podge
    barbara@hodge:podge says:

LOve the tray – too funny because that is from a town close by to where I live (well, a ferry ride away) It is the provincial capital of the province British Columbia here in western Canada!
    Enjoy!

12. ndesjardins
    ndesjardins says:

How exciting! I actually went antiquing the other day and found two smaller, what look like cellar doors. I could not pass them up! I now have these amazing doors and I have no idea what I want to do with them (Thought about making them into a headboard, but they are too heavy to hang- ah Apartment living)! I look forward to seeing what you decide on!

13. Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk
    Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk says:

I love your statement, "Finally some junk for the yard". I never thought I would go out scouring for junk (haha). I'm your newest follower. I really like your blog. I would love for you to visit my blog and if so inspired, follower me in return.

14. SHANNA
    SHANNA says:

i think i would use the door as a cool headboard and maybe the rod iron gate also. AWESOME finds- sooooo jealous!!