So, i am sure everyone has seen the cute sticks with cute little eggs and cute little stuff hanging from them – very fun – very eastery.  But, easter is uhhhh…4 days away, and i don’t want to drag out the eggs for just 4 days (nope, i havent decorated for easter yet, i know, not good, but i will (maybe)).

Anyways, i found a dead tree on the side of the road, parked the car, got out and ripped off some branches.  My son was totally cool with this until i told him “look how many people are looking at us” then he ran into the car and hid.  I don’t think jumping on a dead tree on the side of the road to get the stupid branch to break is embarrassing, do you?!

So, this is the stick…the doggy likes it

stick 003

I cut off some of the branches and spray painted it white.  I didn’t want eggs, so decided on paper flowers – i like the book page look so i cut a bunch of 4-5 inch circles.  I just free handed these – not perfect – lazy style.

stick 025

I folded the circle in half and then half again, careful not to make the pages have a crease – i wanted the flowers to be fluffy like

stick 030

Then i stuck a bunch together – anywhere from 3-5 for each flower

stick 035

I stapled the bottom of the flowers to make them all stick together, make sure  not to staple to high up otherwise the flower wont be fluffy

stick 033

Then i just randomly hot glued the flowers on the branch

stick 043

I didn’t like it for the place that i wanted it for, but i didn’t want to just chuck it, so i put it on a table in the stairway (do you see the dust on those pics, seriously – i could of at least dusted those – its all the spray paint dust that comes up from the basement!)

stick 047

Anyways, this is not my favorite project, yeah its kinda cute, not exactly what i had in mind but OH WELL – onto the next project :)

stick 054

1. Krista@thegatheringplacedesign
    Krista@thegatheringplacedesign says:

I like it! Simple and sweet. You crack me up, have I told you I love your blog? I do. :)

2. Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training
    Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training says:

Looks great! I saw something like this on the Martha Stewart show but I like yours better!

Kendra “Domestic Princess in Training”

3. Sandra Powell
    Sandra Powell says:

I would totally jump on a dead tree to get a branch-no matter who was looking. Love it! The branch, the flowers and the whole table.

4. michelle@somedaycrafts
    michelle@somedaycrafts says:

Very, Very pretty! I am highlighting your blog as a "BLOG TO WATCH" on my sidebar. Your blog will become big and I want people to know that I am calling it!!!

5. Amanda @ Serenity Now
    Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

Hi there! I'm visiting from your link over on Someday Crafts. :) You have a really neat blog, and I love the paper flower tree. :)

6. Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures
    Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures says:

I like the paper flowers and the painted branch. Thanks for showing how to make the flowers.

7. debbie
    debbie says:

how cute,, and creative. I love the natural/neutral color of the book pages for the flower, i'm not much on alot of color.

8. TeenaBugg38
    TeenaBugg38 says:

I love it! Know what else would be really cute? Get a smaller stick, do all the same stuff and stick it inside of that beautiful bird cage I see there and put a couple of those faux birdies in it!!!

9. Jessica Hills
    Jessica Hills says:

I have seen a lot of these, but I think that yours is one of the favorites I have seen! Thanks for the comment on my blog!

10. Shel at Dreamy Nest
    Shel at Dreamy Nest says:

I like this! I totally was going to do this, but ran out of time for Easter – but I love the book pages. I agree, painting or even tea dyeing the pages would look cool, too. I'm stealing your idea when I have time.
    By the way, I'm a military wife, too. Already been through 2 Iraq tours. Blessings!!