Sorry i have been MIA this last week, kids are back to dance and soccer 4 nights a week + saturdays, and husband is still in iraq (coming home in May!) so i haven’t had a lot of extra time.  I do have a couple of fun projects that i started this week though – a framed mirror tutorial coming soon :)

I did manage to get this lamp done this week.  I bought it @ the Salvation Army for $10 –  for both the shade and base.  The pink lamp shade was pretty cute but didn’t work for the room.

Before…

lamp re-do 002

I took off all the pink fabric and covered it in white cotton…

lamp re-do 003

I made simple fabric flowers with the same white cotton and hot glued them on the lamp, here and there…

lamp re-do 015

I put it in my kids bathroom, the one that i just recently re-did here.

lamp re-do 013

I am thinking i want to rise it up a little, maybe those cute modgepodged books or something, i don’t know, that’s another project for a later time.  Why cant i ever just be DONE with a room?!?

lamp re-do 016

Sorry, no tutorial for the flowers, i googled them a while ago and then just kind of winged it!  I used spray adhesive to adhere the new fabric to the shade.

I bought some cute little “blingy” buttons for the flowers – not sure if i should put those on, kinda like just the all white…

I will be linking up to these fun parties, go and check out every ones craftiness!!!

1. Molly
    Molly says:

Wow, so cute!!! Now I have to decide which lampshade gets a makeover first. Been seeing those roses all over the blogworld and really want to try them.

2. Margo
    Margo says:

Sooo cute!!! I have some lamp shades I want to make over but had not figured it out what to do with them…..Until now! Thanks so much! I just love your blog!!! :O)

3. Funky Junk Interiors
    Funky Junk Interiors says:

Adorable!!!!!!! I'd love to do this for my bedroom. Do you have a url for the tutorial on how to make the flowers?

Thanks for linking up to SNS!
    FJ Donna

4. 3 Sun Kissed Boys
    3 Sun Kissed Boys says:

I love it! So simple and delicate. I love that you left the edges fray. Don't add the buttons. It looks perfect the way it is!!1

5. Tardevil
    Tardevil says:

What a cute lamp. It looked much bigger in the first pictures. Love the framed mirror too. Cool rosettes. BTW, when you get a house completely decorated, then it's time to move! :O) We always need projects.

6. Dana
    Dana says:

Love, love, love this lamp! going straight to my idea file. I need one in my new bedroom. Thanks so much for sharing! Love your creations!

7. Elaine
    Elaine says:

I love all your projects. So crazy creative! I just recently found your blog and am so glad I did! Great job on the lamp, why would I never be able to think of something like that?!

8. Mandy
    Mandy says:

Well, I would have never thought to do that! Those flowers look AMAZING!

If you're in bathroom mode, you're more than welcome to come over & whip mine into shape! ;)

9. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

Very chic! But won't the hot glue melt when the lampshade gets hot from the bulb? That happened to me with chandelier lampshades, and the decorations fell. Just sayin'….

10. Stephanie
    Stephanie says:

Wow that is so cute! I haven't mastered the art of making those flowers yet, but I am still trying. Once I do, watch , I am going to adhere them to everything I can think of! lol

11. burlap+blue
    burlap+blue says:

I absolutely love this!! I do not comment on blogs as much as I should, but this post definitely inspired me to comment–love it and will have to try it soon!

12. Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around
    Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the "re-do" of the lampshade you did!!! is there a tutorial for this on your website? i am clueless about figuring these kind of things out without a step-by-step guide :) i love your blog! you have GREAT ideas and do a wonderful job with all of your creations!!!

13. raggygirlvintage
    raggygirlvintage says:

Stunning!!!!!!!! I heart fabric flowers right now, just love all the white ones you assembled on this lamp!
    Tracey

14. Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick
    Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick says:

That is postively adorable! I may have to try those flowers — they seem simple but I'll find a way to make them hard! :)

15. Shel at Dreamy Nest
    Shel at Dreamy Nest says:

This is so pretty! I love it! Hmm, don't think I'd add anything else – they look simple, shabby and elegant as they are. :)

16. My Slice of Heaven
    My Slice of Heaven says:

Very pretty, I'm going to attempt this after I google and try and find some instructions. Looks great in your bathroom.

17. Marie
    Marie says:

Hello sweet Sausha – I'm new to your blog! I spent the evening going through all your posts. Don't worry, I'm not a stalker – I have a life, kids, hubby, home. There's just so much inspiration here it was hard to stop reading! Looking forward to getting to know you more as I come visit.

Your new flower shade is fabulous! Looks so nice in the bathroom.

Blessings,
    Marie

18. FLOWERSHOPGURL
    FLOWERSHOPGURL says:

Hi Sausha, I need to redo a lamp shade in my guest bedroom and now I know exactly what I want to do with it. I love the roses and can't wait to give this a try! Thanks so much for sharing! I hope you have a wonderful evening!
    Hugz,
    Kim

19. Ann @ makethebestofthings
    Ann @ makethebestofthings says:

Love the lamp redo and the muslin roses are sweet. I use them on my pillows and tote bags and they are alot of impact for almost zero cost. Great job!

20. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here
    Sherry @ No Minimalist Here says:

This is one gorgeous lampshade. I love everything I am seeing in blogland using the handmade flowers. Just beautiful!

21. Amanda
    Amanda says:

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the new Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) My hope is to share many of the fabulous projects I see everyday with the vast CG audience. I hope you will not only stop by and subscribe to CG, but will tell your friends about the new category! Hope you see some traffic from it!

Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!

22. Brittany
    Brittany says:

LOVE it! It's so pretty!! I'm featuring it on my blog this week! Thanks for the inspiration!
    little-inspirations.blogspot.com