I wanted to make a fun, easy and springy wreath for the front door.  I was inspired by other tissue paper projects that i have seen and decided to give it a try.  It turned out so very cute, it is so big and fluffy and definitely looks fresh and springish…now i want one for every room in the house, its that cute :)

kidsbathroom 016

kidsbathroom 006

You will need a wreath form (i used a wire one), some tissue  paper, thin wire and hot glue

mirror and tissue wreath 034

Take the tissue paper and cut down to size, i cut them out to the size of an envelope and used that as my template – then i layered about 10 sheets on top of each other for each “flower”

mirror and tissue wreath 038

Fold each stack accordion style

mirror and tissue wreath 039

Then with scissors round off both ends and cut a slit from both sides right in the middle

mirror and tissue wreath 040

Next, take thin wire (maybe about 2 inches long) and wrap it around the middle of where you cut the slits and tighten on the back

mirror and tissue wreath 041

Then start separating  all the sheets and fanning them out

mirror and tissue wreath 043

Last i took all the “flowers” that i made and tied them on to the wire form

wreath-3-11-2010 002

They did slip around, so i hot glued a little dab on each tie to secure them

wreath-3-11-2010 001

Last thing to do is fluff up the whole wreath so you don’t have any thin spots and wa-la, so cute – I LUV this wreath.  This would be so cute in some pastel colors or for a little girls room…

wreath-3-11-2010 010

I am linking this up to:

Funky Junk Interiors

Fingerprints on the Fridge

Tater tots and Jello

Between Naps on the Porch – Metamorphosis Monday

The Girl Creative

Also I am participating in New Friend Friday @ The Girl Creative

The Girl Creative

1. Room to Inspire
    Room to Inspire says:

It turned out great – I think I am going to have to make one of these for sure. And it would be super cute in my daughters room as well!

Chelsea

2. One Cheap B*tch
    One Cheap B*tch says:

I just can't believe you made that out of tissue paper! What a great project! If I weren't such a klutz, I would totally try this but tissue paper and me don't mix well (can you hear it ripping in the background? LOL!)

New follower!

3. Sandra
    Sandra says:

Very pretty and simple wreath…since there are so many fun tissue paper patterns the possibilities are endless…great project. Come say hi.

4. Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something
    Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something says:

delicious!… so glad that I stumbled in! I am visiting by way of New Friend Friday at TGC and became a follower. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week! until later…

5. Laura
    Laura says:

This is so great. I agree with Es, there are lots of possibilities!

Feel free to stop by my blog and enter my necklace giveaway!

6. Carey
    Carey says:

Way cute! When I was a kid I helped make a parade float for my Grandma's business with thousands of those little paper flowers! Brings back memories, that's for sure.

7. somedaycrafts
    somedaycrafts says:

I decided to feature this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. This should drive some traffic your way! Grab my "featured" button.

8. Tausha
    Tausha says:

this is darling! I wish that I could have one on my door-but unfortunatley-utah weather does not make this great idea. Oh how I covet covered porches!
    BUT-this is a great idea for inside my house!
    Thanks for the great inspiration!! You rock! (as always)

9. MaryJanes and Galoshes
    MaryJanes and Galoshes says:

This is striking, I love it! Looks a lot like a feather wreath I made once. I will have to make this!

10. Stacey Gibbon
    Stacey Gibbon says:

I did something similar to yours but with a coat hangar! Love yours

gluedtomycrafts.blogspot.com

<3 stacey

11. this blessed nest
    this blessed nest says:

this is fabulous!

love this idea! i am so going to copy you. i always have the hardest time finding those type of wreath forms – tho. i don't know why – they seem to always sell out around here.

thank you so much for coming to the party & linking up with the spring fling!
    it was a pleasure having you!

happy spring!
    kellie
    p.s. your header is great!!! it totally is making me want to look at more of your blog…love it!

12. Sharlotte
    Sharlotte says:

Sausha,
    Oh, I love this! It's so fresh and clean…perfect for spring! Thanks for the tutorial, you made it look really easy to do. I think I might use off white for my home! Can't you just see this in pastels for Easter? Too cute! Thanks for sharing.
    Sharlotte

13. Linda
    Linda says:

Thanks for coming to my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PAR-TAY…hope you had agood time:) This wreath is so stinkin cute…thanks for sharing it!

Blessings,
    Linda

14. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

Aloha every body, brilliant chat board I find It exceedingly accessible and it's helped me out so much
    I hope to be able to give something back & support other users like this board has helped me

_________________
    [url=http://iphoneusers.com]iphone forum[/url]

15. tia
    tia says:

Loved this wreath gave it a try but it doesn’t look as white as yours! Im wondering if thats just the picture you took it looks a little more muted cause the tissue paper is kinda see through?

i made sure when i bought the tissue paper i picked one that was a bright white, there were some papers that were an off white, so i made sure i didnt get those!!

no idea! and its not to a spot where i can get it now, but im guessing probably about a 16 in circle